2014 Calendar of Events
Announcing BYU 2014 Summer Dance Camps Dates, Mark your calendars now!
Youth Dancesport Season
August 2014-March 2015
International Folk Dance June 16–18, 2014
Cougar Clogging Classic June 19–21, 2014
Contemporary Dance Intensive
(formerly Modern Dance
and Jazz) June 23–July 3, 2014
Intermediate Ballet July 7–18, 2014
Dance Medley July 9–11, 2014
Advanced Ballet July 21–August 1, 2014
Adult Ballroom July 28–August 1, 2014
Youth Ballroom August 4–7, 2014
Children's Creative Dance September 9, 2013–May 17, 2014
Dance Camp Counselor Information
Counselors have the opportunity to work with youth from all over the country and have a positive effect on their lives. We are looking for individuals who are sociable, responsible, and like to work with youth. No dance experience is required; counselors interact with the participants when they are not at their dance classes. The counselor position is not a dance instructor position. Before applying, please read the following general information.
As a counselor, you will help out during Monday morning registration (times will vary according to your specific camp). For each week that you work, you will be assigned a group of participants to supervise and interact with during the evening activities. Evening activities may include ice cream parties, dances, trips to Seven Peaks water park, movie nights, talent shows, and field games. You will also hold a nightly devotional with your participants and conduct a nightly head count. Dependable and accountable counselors are a key to the success of these activities.
Work Schedule for Counselors
- June 23 - August 7, 2014
- Monday – Friday and these three weekends (June 27-29, July 11-13, July 25-27)
- Monday Registration: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Starting times will vary; about 1 hour of work)
- Nightly Assignment: 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. (You are required to stay the night in the dorms)
- Checkouts: Checkout times will vary (You are required to check out your participants at the end of the camp)
All Counselors Receive
- Housing for the duration of the camp (one–week camp counselors are responsible to find housing on the weekend)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the duration of the camp
- Weekly Pay:
- $250 for one–week camps (no weekends)
- $600 for two–week camps (you must work the weekend)
All counselors will be paid by Direct Deposit.
Applying to be a Counselor
If you are interested in applying to be a Counselor, please
This is NOT the same as your BYU Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement that is required for BYU attendance.
Send or bring in completed Application and Ecclesiastical Authorization & Release Form to:BYU Dance Camps
169 Harman Continuing Education Building
Provo, UT 84602
OR Fax to:Attn: BYU Dance Camps Counselor Application
If you fax your application please make a follow–up call to ensure we received it. Call (801) 422–7589.
We will call you to set up an interview time in February-March 2014 once we have received all of your information.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the position. Contact us at 801–422–7589 or by e–mail: email@example.com