Other amazing youth programs offered by BYU Conferences and Workshops!
Learn to write, polish and perform sketches with instructors from BYU's own sketch comedy troupe, Divine Comedy, and master classes from cast members from Studio C! Sketches will be part of the final performance for friends and family.
Put your heart into a character and make them come alive for the audience. Improve your theatre techniques through intensive training as you focus on improving your acting skills, stage presence, singing, and movement. Shine on stage as we rehearse for your final performance of "Once on This Island."
Design and Tech
Enjoy an all access pass to the wonderful backstage world of theatre! Tour BYUâ€™s stages, scene, costume, and prop shops, and get hands-on experience as you design and manage sets, props, costumes, makeup, call the final show as a stage manager, or set and run the sound and lights.
BYU Theatre Workshop
Join us this summer, June 21–July 3, 2015
BYU Theatre Workshop will be one of the greatest opportunities you will ever have to immerse yourself in the theatre experience in the great atmosphere only BYU can offer. BYU Theatre Workshop is for beginning, intermediate, and seasoned high school drama students. If you love to learn and want to build your theatre talents through classroom and hands-on instruction in master classes, specialty workshops, and rehearsals, this camp is for YOU. You will work hard, learn a lot, and make new friends with similar dreams, goals, and standards.
It’s an intense two weeks with our talented instructors and theatre professionals gaining new skills and improving on your current ones. You will participate in daily classes to help you gain confidence in your specific track, along with some combined master classes with topics of interest for everyone. Devotionals, firesides, dances, and counselor-led evening activities bring everyone together for a fun end to the day.
Don’t miss out! Come to Theatre Workshop!
- Hands-on learning in master classes and specialty workshops
- A chance to build your confidence and creativity in a positive and uplifting atmosphere
- Improved theatre techniques through intensive training
- Learning from great BYU Theatre faculty and guest instructors
- Meeting other theatre students from around the country
- Valuable performance feedback
- Individualized and small-group classes
- Sunday firesides and devotionals on the BYU campus
- A dance and fun evening activities
- The chance to shine on stage and off for your friends and family!