Superior GRE Test Preparation
- Specialized teachers for each subject who have each scored within the 95th percentile and above in their specific teaching areas.
- This course will instill confidence in test–taking skills for each test section:
- Analytical Writing–clear and effective articulation of complex ideas
- Verbal Reasoning–reading comprehension skills, verbal and analogical reasoning skills, analysis and evaluation of written material
- Quantitative Reasoning–problem–solving of basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis
- Pre– and post–tests administered to familiarize students with the format and to assess improvement
- Detailed diagnostic results from Multi–State Tests (MST).
- Diagnostic shows students their areas of strength and weakness, and where to focus their studies.
- Materials include Kaplan's GRE Premier 2014 textbook, The Princeton Review's Cracking the GRE 2014 textbook, ETS's Official Guide to the GRE revised General Test, and pretest and post-test diagnostic assessments.
When coupled with personal study, our comprehensive program and excellent teachers will prepare you to excel on these high-stakes tests, giving you the best opportunity to increase your score.
- Five-week course
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00–9:00 p.m.
- The Pre- and Post-Tests will be held on Saturdays.
- 36 hours of instruction
- 8 hours of practice testing
$650 For the GRE Test Prep Course.
Why should I register???
- BYU’s advantage of free use of on-campus classrooms lowers our costs
- Big savings over other local and national courses
- Money-back guarantee to “test Drive” our course at no risk
- All books, materials and diagnostic tests included
- Higher Score Guarantee allows you to retake the course one time for up to four years
You can register for BYU test prep classes online or Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 120 HCEB or by calling 801.422.8925. Please make sure to register before 5 p.m. the Friday before your class begins to avoid a $25 late fee. Also note: you will not be able to register on site at any BYU test prep class. Check our course pages to view course dates.
2014 GRE Test Prep Course
Online Registration Closed: 17 October 2014
2015 GRE Test Prep Course: January 31 - March 3
Online Registration Closed: 30 January 2015
2015 GRE Test Prep Course: May 9 - June 9
Event Dates: 9 May 2015 – 9 June 2015
Online Registration Closes: 8 May 2015
2015 GRE Test Prep Course: June 20 - July 21
Event Dates: 20 June 2015 – 21 July 2015
Online Registration Closes: 19 June 2015
2015 GRE Test Prep Course: September 12 - October 13
Event Dates: 12 September 2015 – 13 October 2015
Online Registration Closes: 11 September 2015
2015 GRE Test Prep Course: October 17 - November 17
Event Dates: 17 October 2015 – 17 November 2015
Online Registration Closes: 16 October 2015
The GRE General Test, required by most graduate schools, many vet schools, and various other health professional schools, is considered a good predictor of your success in a graduate program. It is not a test of specific knowledge in any subject, but rather a measurement of your ability to respond to questions in limited time.
It is a timed test broken down into six sections:
Two Verbal sections (about 20 questions and 30 minutes each)
Two Quantitative Sections (about 20 questions and 35 minutes each)
One Analytical Writing Section with two separately timed tasks (1 questions and 30 minutes per writing task)
One Experimental (Un-scored) Section (30-35 minutes)
The GRE General Test is also unique because it is a Multi–Stage Test (MST), which means that the difficulty level of the second section of each subject will be determined by the test-takers performance on the first section. Each test administered is different for each student.
Scores are broken down into three different section scores:
- Analytical Writing (6 point scale in half-point increments)
- Verbal (130–170 scale in 1–point increments)
- Quantitative (130–170 scale in 1–point increments)
Advantages of the New Revised GRE
- Preview and review capabilities within a section
- A “mark and review” feature to tag questions, so you can skip and return later
- The ability to change/edit answers within a section
- An on–screen calculator for the Quantitative Reasoning section
- New answer formats, including tasks such as numeric entry and highlighting a sentence in a passage to answer a question
** Be sure to visit your prospective schools’ Web sites to check application and scholarship deadlines as well as score/GPA expectations.
- For general information about the GRE visit ets.org
- Testing Centers
- Test subject descriptions
- Tests are administered by student appointment at specified local testing centers.
- Please click here to schedule your GRE at the following testing sites:
|Lindon-0900||Logan-7730||Salt Lake City-5343|
|Prometric Testing Center
350 South 400 West
Lindon, Utah 84042
United States of America
|Utah State University
University Inn 115
0118 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322
United States of America
|University of Utah
201 South 1460 East
490 Student Services Building
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
United States of America