Superior ACT Test Preparation
- Specialized teachers for each subject who have each scored 35 or 36 in their respective areas.
- Past students have improved up to 9 points between pre– and posttests.
- Instill confidence with test–taking strategies and subject knowledge
- 2 official retired ACT tests administered as pre– and posttests.
- Detailed diagnostic results taken from the practice tests administered.
- Diagnostic reports show students their areas of strength and weakness so they know where to focus their studies.
When coupled with personal study, our comprehensive program and excellent teachers will prepare you to excel on these high-stakes tests, giving you the best opportunity to increase your score.
- Eight–week course
- Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.–Noon
- The first class of the course will begin at 8:15 a.m.
- 3–4 hours of instruction per week; total of 21 hours of instruction
- 7 hours of proctored ACT testing
$295 for the ACT Test Prep Course.
** This does not include Official ACT Test Registration. To register for the test, see information below.
Why should I register?
- BYU’s advantage of free use of on-campus classrooms lowers our costs
- Big savings over other local and national courses
- Money-back guarantee to “test drive” our course at no risk
- All books, materials and diagnostic tests included
- Higher Score Guarantee lets you retake the course once within four years
You can register for BYU test prep classes online, or Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 120 HCEB, or by calling 801.422.8925. Please make sure to register before 5 p.m. the Friday before your class begins to avoid a $25 late fee. Also note: you will not be able to register on–site at any BYU test prep class. Check our course pages to view course dates.
- For general information about the ACT as well as to register for the test, please see actstudent.org
- Testing Centers
- ACT policies
- Any questions about the actual ACT can be found on the ACT website.
- Upcoming official ACT test dates:
- June 13, 2015
- September 12, 2015
- October 24, 2015
- December 12, 2015
BYU Admissions Information
- Average ACT composite score of incoming freshmen is 28
- At this time BYU does not require incoming freshman to take the writing portion of the ACT. However, BYU strongly suggests that students do so.
- BYU admission information:
- Those wishing to apply for BYU by the priority deadline (December 1, 2015) must take the ACT before October.
- Those wishing to apply for BYU by the final deadline (February 1, 2016) must take the ACT before December.
BYU ACT Test Prep Course
2015 ACT Test Prep Course: February 7 - April 11
Online Registration Closed: 6 February 2015
2015 ACT Test Prep Course: April 11 - June 6
Online Registration Closed: 10 April 2015
2015 ACT Test Prep Course: June 13 - August 15
Online Registration Closed: 12 June 2015
2015 ACT Test Prep Course: August 15 - October 17
Event Dates: 15 August 2015 – 17 October 2015
Online Registration Closes: 14 August 2015
2015 ACT Test Prep Course: October 10 - December 5
Event Dates: 10 October 2015 – 5 December 2015
Online Registration Closes: 9 October 2015
SLC ACT Test Prep Course
2015 ACT Test Prep Course SLC: January 31 - March 28
Online Registration Closed: 30 January 2015
2015 ACT Test Prep Course SLC: August 1 - September 26
Event Dates: 1 August 2015 – 26 September 2015
Online Registration Closes: 31 July 2015
The One–Week Intensive Course is at the BYU Salt Lake Center.
2015 ACT Prep Course Intensive
Online Registration Closed: 5 June 2015
2015 ACT College Prep Camp
Online Registration Closed: 12 July 2015