Superior ACT Test Preparation
- Specialized teachers for each subject who have each scored 35–36 in their respective areas.
- Past students have improved up to 9 points between pre– and post–tests.
- Instill confidence with test–taking strategies and subject knowledge
- 2 official retired ACT tests administered as pre– and post–tests.
- Detailed diagnostic results taken from the practice tests administered.
- Diagnostic reports show students their areas of strength and weakness so they know where to focus their studies.
When coupled with personal study, our comprehensive program and excellent teachers will prepare you to excel on these high-stakes tests, giving you the best opportunity to increase your score.
- July 12 – September 6
- *August 23 – October 25
- October 11 – December 6
- NEW! ACT College Prep Camp
- NEW! One Week Intensive ACT Test Prep July 14-18
- NEW! Salt Lake Center
- August 2 - September 27
*The final day of class is the same day as the official ACT test. In class we will be taking a post exam, but if you are planning on taking the official test that same day, you can request the post test early.
- Eight–week course
- Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- The first class of the course will begin at 8:15
- 3–4 hours of instruction per week; total of 21 hours of instruction
- 7 hours of proctored ACT testing
$295 For the ACT Test Prep Course.
** This does not include Official ACT Test Registration. To register for the test, see information below.
Why should I register???
- BYU’s advantage of free use of on-campus classrooms lowers our costs
- Big savings over other local and national courses
- Money-back guarantee to “test drive” our course at no risk
- All books, materials and diagnostic tests included
- Higher Score Guarantee allows you to retake the course one time for up to four years
You can register for BYU test prep classes online or Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 120 HCEB or by calling 801.422.8925. Please make sure to register before 5 p.m. the Friday before your class begins to avoid a $25 late fee. Also note: you will not be able to register on site at any BYU test prep class. Check our course pages to view course dates.
2014 ACT Test Prep Course
Event Dates: 1 February 2014 – 6 December 2014
Online Registration Closes: 10 October 2014
- For general information about the ACT as well as register for the test please see actstudent.org
- Testing Centers
- ACT policies
- Any questions regarding the actual ACT can be found on the ACT Web site.
- Upcoming official ACT test dates:
- June 14th, 2014
- September 13th, 2014
- October 25th, 2014
- December 13th, 2014
BYU Admissions Information
- Average ACT composite score of incoming freshmen is 28
- At this time BYU does not require incoming freshman to take the writing portion of the ACT. However, BYU strongly suggests that students do so.
- BYU admission information:
- Those wishing to apply for BYU by the priority deadline (December 1, 2012) must take the ACT before October.
- Those wishing to apply for BYU by the final deadline (February 1, 2013) must take the ACT before December.