2013 Calendar of Events
3–4 JuneTeaching Reading for Children
5–7 JuneEngaging Students and Teachers in Science
10–11 JuneVanquishing Technophobia: Microsoft Office for Educators–Beginners
12–13 JuneVanquishing Technophobia: Microsoft Office for Educators–Advanced
17–21 JuneTeaching Math the Way Children Think I
21–22 JunePicture Book Art for the Nonartist
24–25 JunePractical Classroom Management for All Teachers
25–28 JuneTeaching Math the Way Children Think II
11–12 JulyIntegrating Tools of Media
15–16 JulyImplementing Common Core Writing in Language Arts 9–12 Classrooms
26–27 JulyThe Best in Children’s Literature: Caldecott, Newbery, and Beyond
Spend a Little Time Here,
Make a Big Difference in Your Classroom...
Workshops for Teachers and Parents of Elementary and Secondary Students
Benefits of attending BYU Summer Educator Workshops:
- You can complete all teacher recertification requirements in one summer
- You can increase your salary through a lane change.
- You will be brought up–to–date with the latest in teaching methodology.
- You will come away with a wealth of new ideas to use at home or in the classroom.
- BYU credit can be transferred to any district, as opposed to district in–service credit, which must stay in the district where it is given.
Find us at facebook.com/BYUSEW to get the latest information on all things Summer Educator Workshops. And don’t forget to check back weekly for news and updates about how you can win prizes and share in the conversation with all your friends at Summer Educator Workshops.
Sponsored by the BYU David O. McKay School of Education and the Division of Continuing Education.